Breckenridge Free Ride (BFR) Transit Safety Initiatives Surrounding the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
UPDATE - PLEASE READ - All service is suspended until further notice beginning 3/17/20
3/16 UPDATE: We are cancelling Purple A, Purple B and Trolley. We will have 30 minute service on Brown and Black. Yellow route will run.
Blue and Red Routes are suspended until 3/22/20
The Breckenridge Ski Resort has announce the closing of its bus routes until March 22nd. We do not operate these bus routes but we will provide information as it becomes available to us.
The Town of Breckenridge will begin operating the Black Route beginning at 6:15 a.m. until 11:15 p.m. daily following the express schedule
Trolley Service Suspended Until April 4th 2020
To ensure the safety and well-being of the Town of Breckenridge Free Ride Trolley guests and our community, we are suspending service for the Main St. route beginning March 14 to April 04, 2020. At this time, all other Town of Breckenridge Free Ride routes are running per the published service schedule. Please visit www.breckfreeride.com for route and schedule information. We thank you in advance for respecting our endeavors to take extra precautions as recommended by health authorities to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
What is COVID-19?
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that was first detected in Wuhan, China, but is now in several other countries including the United States. Its symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
The virus is believed to spread like the flu when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
How does COVID-19 spread?
Current information indicates that it is thought to spread by:
· Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes
· Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about six feet).
· It might be possible that a person can become infected by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose or possibly their eyes (more research is pending).
What is the Breckenridge Free Ride doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
BFR vehicles (especially high touch areas) are cleaned and disinfected DAILY with EPA recommended products.
Drivers are educated on how to prevent the spread of germs and diseases like COVID-19.
Information is shared with our riders on how to prevent the spread of germs and diseases.
How can I protect myself from COVID-19?
· It is critical to follow the precautions being emphasized by health authorities.
· Among the most important is staying home and avoiding public places if you experience symptoms.
· Remember to cover your mouth/nose (with your arm or tissue) when coughing and sneezing.
· Avoid close contact with people who appear to be sick. We know it can be difficult on the bus, but remember it’s not rude to get up and move if you need to.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If you do not have access to soap and water, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol concentration.
Together we can help control the spread of this and other viruses.
For the most up to date information go to: